Changes to the Belize legislation are expected
The highlights of the amendments are the below:
- Mandatory register of Directors to be kept at the registered office.
- Mandatory register of Beneficial owners to be kept at the registered office in Belize.
- option to pay taxes in Belize.
- Abolition of Bearer Share arrangements
- Companies Dissolved after 5 years to be struck off (currently 3 years)
The rest of the changes are expected to just be “House Keeping” and a requirement for registered agents to have this information for availability to the regulatory (Director General of the IFSC) with-in 24 Hours.
As soon as we receive the official announcement we will update you.