The growth and popularity of the Republic of the Marshall Islands Corporate Registry is a direct result of the Marshall Islands’ ability to aggressively and efficiently address the leading issues facing the corporate industry. With the intertwinement of governments and international organizations in corporate issues, it has become increasingly difficult for an offshore jurisdiction to retain the elements that make a corporate registry successful. The Marshall Islands, however, has met these challenges while maintaining its fundamental elements and is now the jurisdiction of choice for many professionals.
The Corporate Registry of the Republic of the Marshall Islands is recognized as one of the leading jurisdictions for initial public offerings on major stock exchanges. There are currently a significant and growing number of Marshall Islands companies publicly traded on leading international stock exchanges in London, New York and Singapore.
WHY THE MARSHALL ISLANDS?
The Marshall Islands maintains political stability, and has a democratically elected parliamentary system of government.
- Full member of the United Nations since 1991.
- One of the world’s leading maritime registries with an excellent reputation.
- One of the world’s most modern corporate laws.
- Virtually unsurpassed confidentiality.
- Bearer shares permitted. No custodian needed.
- Ease of maintenance. No annual filings required.
- All non-resident domestic entities are statutorily exempt from taxes.
- Corporate documents can be issued within 24 hours.
- Competitively priced and inexpensive to administer.
- Legalization of documents by Apostille within 24 hours.
- Redomiciliation from other jurisdictions.
- Marshall Islands companies are publicly traded on exchanges in London, New York and Singapore.
- Zero Tax Jurisdiction
- Low Costs
- Same Day Formation
- Apostilles Available
- Sual Language Dilings
- Asset Management
- Initial Public Offerings
- Tax Minimization
- Joint Ventures
- Vessel Ownership
- Real & Intellectual Property Holdings
marshall islands corporations at a glance
- Legal System: Common Law
- Taxes: None
- Language of Name: Roman characters, any language
- Language of Legislation and Documents: English, may be accompanied by certified translation in any language
- Shelf Companies Available: Yes
- Time to Incorporate: One working day
- Company Seal: Optional
- Name Restriction: Name that is identical or similar to existing company is not allowed
- Financial Statements: Not required
- Restrictions on Trading: Not permitted to engage in insurance, banking or trust related activities
- Corporate Documentation: Articles of Incorporation (original and two certified copies), Certificate of Incorporation and Proxy or Consent of Incorporator
- Shareholders: Minimum one; name disclosure not required
- Directors: Minimum one; corporate directors permitted; name disclosure not required
- Officers: Minimum one (Secretary required); corporate officers permitted; Name disclosure not required
- Types of Shares Allowed: Bearer and/or registered; no custodian required for bearer shares
- Capital: Shares with or without par value
- Registered Agent: Yes
- Nationality and/or Residence of Directors: Any
- Nationality and/or Residence of Officers: Any
- Location of Meetings: Anywhere in the world
- Payment of the Annual Maintenance Fee
- No Tax Return or Income Declaration
- Audited Accounts Not Required
Πίσω στις Δικαιοδοσίες