With its Decision of October 15, 2021, the Council of Ministers approved the introduction of the Digital Nomad Visa Scheme in Cyprus, with a ceiling of 100 residence permits to be issued. On March 3 2022, the Council of Ministers increased the ceiling to 500 residence permits.
The "Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa" Scheme allows nationals from non-EU and non-EEA countries, who can perform their work location-independently using telecommunications technology, to reside temporarily in Cyprus and work for an employer registered abroad or perform work through telecommunications technology for companies or clients located abroad.
The Scheme’s goal is to strengthen Cyprus as a center for the provision of electronic services, where in combination with the other advantages offered by Cyprus, the attraction of digital nomads will contribute to the development of the business ecosystem and consequently to the economic development of the country. The introduction of the "Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa Scheme" is included in the Strategy for Attracting Businesses for Activities or/and Expansion of their Activities in Cyprus.
- Can perform work remotely through telecommunications technology;
- Are employed in a company registered abroad, for which they can work location-independently, or are self-employed offering services remotely for clients located abroad;
- Can prove that they have stable and sufficient monthly net income of at least €3500 (after the deduction of contributions and taxes).
- Right of residence for a year in Cyprus, with a possibility of renewal for further two years.
- Right of residence for family members, for the same period as the Digital Nomad, without the right to be employed of perform economic activity in Cyprus.
- If they reside in the Republic for one of more periods that in total exceed 183 days within the same tax year, then they are considered tax residents of Cyprus, provided they are not tax residents in any other country.
- Digital Nomad’s family members can reside in Cyprus for the same period as the Digital Nomad, without the right to be employed of perform any economic activity in Cyprus.
- Family members include the spouse/ partner in a civil union and underaged children.
- Family members also need to obtain a temporary residence permit.
*Source Civil Registry and Migration Department
Get ready for experienced, tailored guidance